View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 01:10 AM   #11
Juniper
I know, right?

Pinot Grigio. Or sometimes Jim Beam & Diet Coke. Beer's just too fattening.

Okay, seriously, I'm terrified of antidepression meds. Many years ago I was in one of my valleys and mentioned to hubby that maybe I ought to take something for it - he adamantly said *no way* and gave me some horror story about some guy he knew whose wife was crazier after she went on the meds than before, and how he believed you got to be dependent on the stuff and it messed up your brain. This from a guy who did his share of recreational chemicals, you know?

So I got scared off. I did take Wellbutrin for a week or so when I was quitting smoking - figured it'd kill 2 birds with 1 stone - and it made me so hyper I couldn't stand it. I was happy, sure, but felt like I'd drank 4 pots of coffee.

Actually coffee does work just about as well as anything else! The hard part is getting motivated enough to get my ass out of bed and brew some.

Now, I have no idea why I thought I needed my husband's *permission* to take medication, for heaven's sake. I'm seriously thinking about discussing it with my doctor. But I don't like my doctor, and we're still trying to figure out what I should take for blood pressure, and I'm not sure how well the two types of meds play together anyhow.

Truthfully I think I'm bipolar. I had kind of a manic episode last August and while I can see why some people actually *like* them, I found it extremely unsettling. Of course, it could just be my age and the hormone thing. Damn, we're so complicated.
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote