View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 08:27 AM   #6
Snakeadelic
Banned

1) What do you hoard? Well, since my inner child is actually half magpie and half packrat...I've actually got the hoarding down to data (images) and nifty rocks. And MtG cards. And Godzilla toys. And Godzilla movies.

2) Gnu or Emu? Emus smell better. Marginally.

2) Do you usually turn left or right onto the street when leaving your home? Right. There's a shortcut through suburbia, but it has more stop signs.

3) Death by quicksand or boa constrictor? Boa. They don't get big enough to eat humans (unless you regard the anacondas as a sub-group of the boa family, which genetically they are), but even a li'l five-footer could choke a human, and it'd probably be a faster way to go. (And I've seen that Robot Chicken episode with the giraffe in the quicksand.)

4) centimeters or inches? Usually, inches since I am an uncouth American...but since I have Canadian friends IRL and other international acquaintances online, I know that the most common conversions I use are 1 inch = about 2.5 cm, my 5 feet tall is about a meter and a half, and 3.39 feet = 1 meter.

5) What was the last complaint you made in a restaurant? "We're not going to make a big stink about it because we gotta leave anyway, but someone in your kitchen needs help on how to use a hair net." The hair on my plate wasn't IN the food, but it definitely wasn't from any of our party. The server just about cried when I was nice to her about it.

7) Pepsi, Coke, Don't care, Don't Drink Cola? I used to LOVE Canadian-bottled Coca-Cola. Don't know if it's still the case, but back then it was made in Canada with sugar, not corn syrup. Now I don't do soda except a couple times a year in restaurants.

8) What happened to 6)? (Redacted)

9) What word did you learn most recently? I finally found out what a portmanteau is, and I've been using 'em my whole life. Both kinds, sorta, if you count my enormous leather garment bag that folds in half to become a large-suitcase-size bag.

10) What color is melancholy? Two shades to the left of heartbreak, directly across the wheel from joy.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote