Thread: DOG
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 10:49 AM   #203
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Rats are not evil. They're just animals. I don't have a problem with killing them. I have killed rats myself.

Quote:
You're sure they aren't reveling in the skill, tenacity, and success of their dogs?
That, right there, is the only salient point in your post. I can get my head around being excited by my animal's skills and training. I cannot fathom how anybody would get a kick out of the rat'sdeath itself, and it baffles me that anybody can respond to a post about not liking to see humans revel in an animal's suffering with the justification that rats are evil/harmful/dangerous. Nobody denied they can cause terrible disease and suffering. Neither Sundae nor I have suggested that nobody should ever kill a rat.The harm rats have done and continue to do, is no reason to delight in their suffering.

Sundae made a point about not liking to see humans excited by the rats'deaths,and was answered with this: 'These are nasty dirty rats, that bite children and spread disease.' That,is a reallygood reason for killing rats. It's not a really good reason for enjoying it. Unless you feel some sort of vengeance is in order. And that - when applied to a rodent - is fucking ridiculous.

But yes - the flipside is that those people may have just been excited about their dogs' skills and the success of their training.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote