Thread: Gay Marriage
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2003, 12:36 AM   #257
preacherswife2u
Be ye forewarned ~ sometimes I jest.

Quote:
From Happy Monkey:
I am heterosexual, but I would not vote for someone who considers homosexuals inferior.

I am sorry if I gave the impression that I consider people, living a homosexual lifestyle, to be inferior. That could not be further from the truth. I believe that all people are fearfully and wonderfully made by God. I would also not want to support such a person.

Quote:
I don't want to vote for someone who will uphold my personal beliefs. I want to vote for someone who uphold the right to have personal beliefs. I am not asking for you to "support or be in favor of anything that is considered a sin against God", I am asking you not to oppose it.

I'm sorry, Happy Monkey (it feels strange to address you that way. I'm Jennifer, btw.), but that is just the nature of christianity. I do not oppose homosexuality just to be a contrary party-pooper. But rather, I stand against it because of what that sin will mean in the lives of the people who embrace it. I care far too much for all of mankind, just to let sin permeate and wreak havoc.

Also, I find it hard to "not support" something without "opposing" it at the same time.
preacherswife2u is offline   Reply With Quote