View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 11:24 AM   #29
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
You're right, "so what" only works if I-fish-on-my-side-you-fish-on-your-side-nobody-fish-in-the-middle.
If we insist on meddling,....
Unfortunately that myopia still exists with some in The Cellar. Obama is apparently and successfully getting local powers to take responsibility for their region.

In the rare case where the US put down a red line (Syria's bio-chemical weapons), the result was an outstanding success. You would not know that from so many extremists who attacked Obama for it by reciting Limbaugh wacko extremist mantras. They now will not admit how wrong they were. Because they parrotted extremist rhetoric rather than see facts.

That was a rare case where direct US involvement with an ultimatum was necessary. And resulted in world wide cooperation to eliminate those weapons.

Meanwhile, the conflict is their problem. US is and should only be a support function. Even Turkey does not yet get it. US only does support when local powers have failed to provide those capabilities for themselves.

We did same in Libya. Again, once extremist rhetoric is removed, then US involvement did not happen. Responsibilities were with and still lie with local powers. Then Britian, France, et al discovered they did not have sufficient weapons beyond one week of operation. Even learned that French and British planes must fly from one another's aircraft carriers. Europe must learn that many other countries (ie Pakistan) have more military (especially attack planes) - have more teeth - then those European nations.

More lessons learned because we are no longer rushing madly (in Cheney style) to get into or start every war. Its not our job to be world policemen even though Tea Party extremists say otherwise.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote