View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #7931
anonymous
Operations Operative

Thank you. I've been reading various articles on it and it seems so clear now. The part about the target not being able to understand what just happened in their world, the part where bullies perceive the targets as a threat...

It's like another abusive relationship I was in. I was emotionally abused (along with physical which of course isn't at work) and manipulated. You start to believe there is something wrong with you. It's insidious. It's painful. I never thought it would happen here.

But it's happening. Grievances have been filed by others, very long-time employees who appear to be beaten down but are not. I can appear so too. I am prepared for anything but I won't go anywhere without first expressing what I'm seeing, what I'm hearing. I won't be bullied because they pay me to be. I know the tricks. Just like that relationship. I swore no one would treat me that way again. Not even for a paycheck. But it's on my terms. There will be no resignation from me, if it comes to that. I know my rights.

My favorite part is about how the targets just can't fathom the bully's way of thinking. That's where I'm at. How. Why? Of course, my need to understand the hearts/minds of others and belief that no one can be truly evil is what has made me a target in my personal life.

Thanks for the ear, limey.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote