View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 01:53 PM   #72
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
Merc, I don't want to argue semantics with you. It's how I perceived the bolded above. It's an old communication trick, apologizing because someone got hurt not because you did the hurting (not saying anyone was hurt or not hurt but am trying to get the convo away from the whole cunt mess) is typically a little dance step to avoid any actual apology. Not just "I'm sorry, I was an ass" but "I'm sorry you were offended that I was an ass."

It's not my apology to accept or reject anyway. I hope you are sincere. I'm not judging: again, I'm not on the eggshells and never will be. I'm sorry if you were so offended that you thought I thought you were offended that I was defending the offended when in fact the offended had every right, through no fault of the offended's own, to be offended by the offense laid before her...not because of some inherent problems in the offended's perception of offense but because the offense was pretty fucking offensive. Or something.
I am not trying to "trick" anyone. I am not doing any "little dance step". How can you say I avoided any apology when I just did so?

I stopped being offended by you years ago.

I accept that you have your own perceptions about what transpired between me and Pico or anyone else on this Forum. As long as you accept that not everyone agrees with you and you only speak for yourself. Each individual should do that and you shouldn't judge me based on who I do or do not get along with in the politics thread.