View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 09:02 PM   #4960
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Peggy Fleming?

Infini--I;m not making a case for pro or anti athletics. I was just telling what I saw/heard at tournaments, etc. and that I am glad my son got out because his father was the one who really pushed him from the minute he could walk to play, and he did play from pee wee up to college---football, baseball and basketball. He was good; not Olympic good and as for class and grace I'm not sure what you mean there.

There are different paths and choices===doesn't mean one is more meaningful than the other. He quit because he wanted to and I (not his dad) honored that choice and was glad for it. Your brother had a different experience...why do I get the feeling I'm being misunderstood for all the wrong reasons?

Why is this getting to be so hard and so exhausting when it used to be fun and light?

Why is everything a competition, anyway?

I'm crying again. I don't want any more.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote