View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 02:48 PM   #7550
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

What a downer thread. I know, whatever.

Ali, I agree that he could make things easier for himself, and ultimately for the others around him if he were to share his knowledge of things. Not easy by itself but easier and better in the long run. Tough... so sorry.

Dana, I got nothing but sharing the sorrow of your story. Terrible.

glatt, that is sad, and a monumental lifetime marker. But this can be the point (upon reflection) at which things begin/began to get better. This has been anticipated, though dreaded, but still isn't really a surprise. I hope their shock and sadness is processed as soon and as safely as possible.

There's a story in the news here, well, in the national news too. Here's a link to the local paper's coverage, but CNN, Fox, it's everywhere.

Quote:
GRAHAM, Pierce County — Fire investigators on Monday morning were sifting through the rubble of Josh Powell's rental house, trying to determine what sparked Sunday's fire that authorities believe killed Powell and his two young sons moments after a caseworker brought them for a supervised visitation.
It appears as though the biological father, Josh Powell, killed himself and his two young sons. This story is a long and ugly one, and I don't care to restate the whole sordid bullshit now. But the thought that this dad would let his kids into the house, block the entry of the social worker and then blow up the house.. fucking fuck.

I know they call it "murder-suicide". I wish it were "suicide-oh well".