View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 07:30 PM   #89
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Sky...I thought your attack on him was nasty and unprovoked. Lj can be a twat at times(as indeed can most of us), and on those occasions I call him out on it. On this occassion I didn't think he was being a twat, I thought he was being funny to break the tension. That poem was a way of saying lighten up. When I read your post to lj, I thought "Sky is way over reacting" and was going to post something to the effect of "Hey Sky, lighten up you're taking this too seriously". Lj beat me to it in his response and I thought that was quite a funny way of saying lighten up.

An Lj lover? No. But nor am I an Lj hater. You overreacted (imo) to harmless humour and launched an unnecesary attack. That attack was batted away with humour and I laughed. If Lj had launched a nasty attack on you I would not have found it funny. I didn't see it as a nasty attack. Nor would I have seen it as a nasty attack if he'd said it to me.

I would agree there are times when Lj's humour borders on the cruel and there have been times in the Cellar that I have taken great exception to what I considered bullying behaviour. There's a difference between seeing that someone is bullying and assuming that it's bullying merely because it's Lj who's posting.

Sky...you surely know me well enough on these boards to know I am not fond of cruel humour. Lj wasn't being cruel he was being lighthearted. As your friend (I sincerely hope) I am suggesting that you lighten up. I apologise if this upsets you. Nor am I inclined to take offense at your attack on me.
this is a long fucking post
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote