View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 12:20 PM   #419
glatt

I don't know. I've been in fast paced situations before where you have a lot to get done in a short amount of time and you just do the best you can. You wind up making some mistakes. You need a fresh pair of eyes to catch mistakes. And those eyes need enough time to actually look at stuff carefully.

I hate 24 hour news. I only see it in hotels when I'm eating my breakfast in the lobby. You can see how they put that crap together very rapidly. And even if there is nothing happening in the world, they still have to fill the air time.

There's some quote out there about not ever assuming that maliciousness is at play when mere incompetence can be used to explain the same problem. I think Fox is incompetent when they screw up their charts. I don't think they are malicious. I also think that to raise the level of quality up to the point that there are almost no mistakes, you would need to double or triple the size of their staff. You need one person to check the work of the other. I'd be surprised if they can afford that.

Fox news and CNN should both be treated as fast and sloppy and held to a lower standard than news programs that have all day to produce a half an hour.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote