View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 12:28 PM   #232
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Greetings everyone………..

First of all, I should explain that I have been dipping in and out of the Cellar for some time and when I last ‘lurked’ I was surprised to find this thread by Sundae Girl as I too was born in Aylesbury. I haven’t been able to make a contribution until now, due to family illness and ultimately a bereavement.

I was unleashed on an unsuspecting world at the Royal Bucks Hospital, (Post #108 Page 8) longer ago than I care to admit and I had my tonsils removed at Tindal Hospital (Post #163 Page 11) when I was about seven years old! I wonder if they still have them?

I’ve spent my entire life in the area and now live only about five miles from Aylesbury. My dad’s side of the family established themselves there in the 1890s and I have a photo of my great grandfather and his daughter (my grandmother) standing outside a well known Aylesbury landmark. I don’t often post on forums so when I have worked out how to display photos, I’ll do so in a separate post.

Change of gear…………….

I’ve had the good fortune to visit the USA on four occasions since 1999 starting from Denver.
So, anyone here from north eastern Colorado, western Nebraska, western South Dakota or Wyoming (all of it!)?

Best wishes,

Carruthers
Carruthers is offline   Reply With Quote