Thread: Weird News
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 01:02 PM   #117
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
I agree it's unfair to the dogs, but what realistically can happen to them? No one will knowingly adopt a dog that has effectively been trained to perform sex acts. So either they don't tell, which would probably get them sued, or they just keep the dogs forever at a shelter where they are already putting down animals every day for lack of space.
I think there is a difference between being coerced into sex acts and being "trained" to do them.

That article makes me sick. Seriously.

I would adopt one! I am looking for a good dog, abused or not. I don't have to worry about a dog trying to hump my kid because I don't have any. If one is actually "trained" to do such things, it can be "trained" not to.

I would support putting the people down, and also support leaving the dogs alone. They've been messed with enough. That will be quite enough. I actually went to pet finder and found the Humane Society Tulsa page. The blue heeler listed looks like a good dog as far as I can tell.

Aaah. I think I'm pet sensitive or something. I have compassion for those dogs right now. If they were here I might actually request one, as this situation makes me sad, and I am already dog shopping. Abused animals can be really good pets. Things just didn't go right for them at first.

We don't put people down for being abused like that. Why treat dogs that way? All you have to do is tell people the odd behaviors of the abused animal before they adopt so they know what they are in for, and can make an informed decision, whether they want to deal with it or not. You don't have to say that the dog was coerced into sex, saying highly abused, exhibits these behaviors: a,b,c, would work. I'm kind of doubting that the dogs exhibit abnormal behavior (outside of signs of abuse that can be overcome) in the first place.

*Hey! Get down!Get off my leg! Bad dog!* That would probably be sufficient.

Well, I am doggy shopping, and I know whatever dog I get will be at least old enough to have been through one thing or the other already, whether I know of the thing or not. I am looking for a good dog at least 6 months old, and I don't think a human humping would effect my decision, as long as I could tell that it is a good dog. I'm stubborn though. I wouldn't even want to know about that really. If it has really bad behaviors, I would want to know. And that's what I usually ask about: the good behaviors and the bad behaviors.