View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 02:00 AM   #21
SamIam

Thank you, orthodoc! I am so upset over this situation that I'm still awake at 12:30AM. It's not like Charlie is some awful person - far from it. Back in a better day before things got so bad for him, he had helped me through some rough times of my own. He's intelligent and funny and in many ways, he's still a good friend.

But...

Like the last time I went over to his place he was so stoned/out of it that I got fed up with him and cut my visit short.

Like he spends lots of time talking about all these big dreams and plans which I think he could actually achieve but for - yeah, the pot.

And unlike you, Doc, I'm not a real doctor and I don't really understand to what extent medical marijuana may be helping him. To me, it just seems to be hurting him, but maybe his symptoms would be really awful without it?

I don't really know anyone IRL that I can talk to about this because I met Charlie through AA and most of my friends here are AA members, so I feel like I would be breaking Charlie's anonmity which is a HUGE AA no-no if I bring up my concerns about him to someone else. Plus, I'd feel sort of hypocritical because I myself take prescribed meds that AA would say I shouldn't be on. But at least MY meds are covered by my health insurance and I pay about $50.00/month for them as opposed to Charlie's $500.00 plus.

Nothing is ever easy is it?
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote