View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 01:55 PM   #71
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Peggy Hubbard is an Awesome People™.

Yes, she is Awesome.

I agree with her. Her message is a little intermixed, sometimes she's condemning the people protesting that "#blacklivesmatter" but chastising the same people for ignoring the tragedy of the little girl who also died the same night. That is terrible. But I think her fire is misdirected (if you'll pardon the analogy); that's more the result of which "story" is more readily converted into something that can be broadcast/monetized. And the winner in that contest is the story about the dead adult, not the dead child. No one who knows about both deaths would cry for the guy who died in a gunfight with the cops and not about the little girl.

All of the admonitions she delivers are right on target, and completely true--EVEN WITHOUT ANY RACIAL QUALIFIERS. Don't murder. JFC. Who is exempt from that good idea? Pay attention to what your parents who love you and are trying to raise you well tell you. Uh huh, that's *not* a black thing. I'm sorry to hear that she thinks "White people don't care.". Lots of white people care. But that's a distracting quibble.

She's right on target. Awesome, definitely awesome.