View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 06:48 PM   #1281
CujoDeSockpuppet
Resident-in-Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Three down two to go, Dylan is 76 and lynne is near 70.
Jeez, I saw Jeff Lynne years back at the Schubert Theater with ELO. The opening act was supposed to be Robin Trower and instead we got Fleetwood Mac. Of course this was before Stevie Nicks and they weren't very welcomed by the audience. I'm sure it was a low point for the band.

Actually, I as just looking at the Wiki for Fleetwood Mac and it's entirely possible I got to see the "fake" Fleetwood Mac. What the hell did I know, I think I was in ninth grade at that point.

Excerpt from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fleetw...2.80.931974.29

"The fake Fleetwood Mac (1974)[edit]
In 1974, the band's manager, Clifford Davis, then claimed that he owned the name Fleetwood Mac, and recruited members of a band called Legs (which had recently issued one single under Davis' management)[26] to tour as Fleetwood Mac.

The fake Fleetwood Mac consisted of Elmer Gantry (vocals, guitar), Kirby Gregory (guitar), Paul Martinez (bass), John Wilkinson (keyboards) and Australian-born drummer Craig Collinge (formerly of The Librettos, Procession and Third World War). Fans were told that Bob Welch and John McVie had quit the group, and that Mick Fleetwood and Christine McVie would be joining the band at a later date. The members of the fake Fleetwood Mac apparently had been told that Mick Fleetwood would join them on later dates, and averred that Fleetwood had been involved in the early planning stages of the tour before dropping out.[27]

As the tour got underway, Fleetwood Mac's road manager, John Courage, realised that the line-up being used wasn't authentic. Courage ended up hiding the real Fleetwood Mac's equipment, which helped shorten the tour by the fake band, which soon dissolved. But the lawsuit that followed—regarding who actually owned the rights to the band name "Fleetwood Mac"—put the real Fleetwood Mac out of commission for almost a year. While the band was named after Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, they had signed contracts that showed the band forfeited the rights to the name."

PS: Hello to the original members of cellar.org (with Waffle BBS!). This is the long lost meph AKA Chowderhead #1. I tried to activate my account but I'm guessing the email I used to register is an old domain that's long gone. So it's a new account.
CujoDeSockpuppet is offline   Reply With Quote