View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 07:34 AM   #1639
Snakeadelic
Banned

It was diagnosed as an allergy multiple times starting when I was in my mid-teens, and until last week the meds given for it (Benadryl, Flonase, Levocetirizine) were managing the symptoms. They simply stopped doing so. The symptoms presenting did NOT include respiratory distress of any kind--it was dry, itchy eyes, suddenly clogged nasal passages, sneezing, and skin itching. When my asthma (diagnosed in 1981 and re-diagnosed repeatedly since) kicks in, I cannot draw a deep breath and I wheeze like an old steam engine. Albuterol stops this, but has no effect on the reaction to smoke.

I also have an "adverse reaction" to opiates and opioids--if I don't take an anti-emetic first, they come back up before having a chance to dissolve. I stopped taking them (from 3x daily to manage arthritis, spinal damage, and connective tissue inflammatory pain) on the advice of my MD. He said emergency only, limit 1 per day.

The last one I took had no effect at all. No pain relief, none of the "yep, that's a narcotic" high I have always gotten when suddenly taking pain meds again after any more than 4 days without (I'd gone 6). My thoracic spine is now damaged, I have osteoarthritis in my hands, and have had systemic connective tissue inflammation my whole life. My typing has gone from 60+ words per minute to maybe 30 on a good day since I had to quit the painkillers, and I can no longer cross my index & middle fingers or close my hands completely. Both were possible 3 weeks ago.

And I'm still pissed about the non-resident kids. The one who now tells people she lives downstairs (with her great-grandmother and no one else) was one of the ones messing with my roomie's bike to the point where he had to lock it in our garage. Yesterday, as I was putting the blanket back at the bottom of my neighbor's front door (because weatherstripping replacement is NOT on the management's to-do list), that kid looked at me and said "DON'T touch MY bike." By some miracle, even when I was still so angry I was shaking, I limited my response to "I am not the one who touches things that do not belong to them, because that is RUDE," and slamming the door in her face.

I'd really like the downstairs neighbor to move out. I lived here 3 years before that kid was even conceived and I am sick to death of being treated like the intruder here. Biker neighbor, the one who has to use a blanket because they won't replace weatherstripping, is going to management today about several things, her crappy attitude, using resident kids' toys without permission (she's been known to climb over porch railings to get what she wants), tale-carrying, lying, and spying among them.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote