View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 04:37 PM   #2772
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Sometimes, an email can be like nails on a chalkboard. Gaaah! Names have been removed to protect the unfortunate.

Quote:
We need your help! Earlier this summer I contacted [coworker who was laid off last year] about a project I’m working on for our Executive Summit. It’s a time to show the leaders of our portfolio companies how much we—and their own teams—care about them. We realize that it can be lonely at the top, and we need your help for a fun project we dreamed up! But this is a surprise to [our company CEO] and the rest of the gang, so shhhh…

This year I’m doing a special presentation to thank the executives. But the thank you isn’t going to come from me – it’s going to come from you and the rest of [our company]. I’m collecting images providing by our portfolio companies that share the love with your team. It can be a picture of employees holding a sign that says “we love you” or “thank you” or a creative graphic design you come up with. Have any inside jokes or something particular to the company? Add them in! Does your marketing, communication or graphics department have a creative idea? Collaborate to come up with something creative and meaningful. Then the images will be presented in a slide show at the summit. This is going to be a surprise for the executives, so keep it a secret from them! Send the image, preferably a .jpg file, to [marketing person's email address].

We’re awarding a FlipCam for the most creative and inventive submission, so have fun! But remember, it’s a secret, so keep it under wraps. I’d love a submission by Tuesday, August 31. Is that doable?
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote