Thread: Ohai!
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 01:47 PM   #11
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Queen, to quote David Letterman, "I wouldn't give your troubles to a monkey on a rock." Sorry for the tough run of luck. A lot people get through by trying to find a little humor in their troubles. Even if it's absurd, try to find something in the bad stuff that you can get even a tiny chuckle out of, it helps.

For instance (and this is in no way making fun of your situation):

I have just a touch of the OCD, and I think about this when I catch myself doing some of my unfathomable routines. Years ago, in Reader's Digest, I read about a guy with severe OCD (Monk could take OCD lessons from this guy) who loved cats, plural. When he opened the refrigerator to get something, he would close the door, and then think "What if one of the cats got in there?" So, he would open the door to check, then close the door. Then he would think, "What if a cat got in there that time?", so he would open the door to check. Lather, rinse, repeat. He would get stuck in this loop until a family member found him. I get really tickled every time I think about this, and I don't know why.

So, laugh at your problems. Use dark humor if ya gotta, you don't have to share your chuckle with anyone, you don't have to worry what people might think of you.

Chin up! Or, let the tears fall, if that works. Or tie on a good one, and blow off a little steam! (If tying on a good one is a problem, don't do that!)

Just try not to let it get to you.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote