Thread: Cellar Dreamin'
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 04:37 AM   #99
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I always find when stopping smoking, especially if using nicoteine replacements, that I have very strange and vivid dreams. Funnily enough one of the dreams I most clearly remember from last time, involved an alien invasion of earth.

I don't think it meant anything significant in my case. I watch and read a lot of sci-fi and there's a part of me kind of already exists in a world of phasers and tardises. That's where my subconscious went to. And what's more it really was like being in a movie. A very small part of me worked out that it wasn't entirely real, which allowed me to go with the fear and the adrenaline. It was wonderful. I'd pay money for a trip like that.

I remember very clearly, running with J and someone else, through rows of allotments with their sheds and greenhouses. It was nighttime and we'd only just managed to get clear from the house we'd been in. I think we were trying to get back to Halifax. Whatever was flying above was bombarding the sheds and things get a little confused after that. We made it back to Halifax (to a house, from an earlier life in Bolton, in which it seemed abot 20 of us lived. Very strange) and ended up trapped in the house. Now things shifted to a kind of zombie type film, with things crowding the windows and doors trying to get in to us. There was panic as we realised the upstairs windows were open....then I remembered the patio doors and went running in to shut them.

That's all I recall. Best dream evah. Except for the one I had when I was in my late teens. I had a recurring dream that I woke up as a 28 year old, having been dreaming that I was 18 again. I then lived a very ordinary portion of life before 'going to sleep' and waking up as an 18 year old who'd been dreaming I was 28 :P

I was imbibing strange substances around that time though....it did play with my confidence in reaity somewhat.

Last edited by DanaC; 12-30-2008 at 04:46 AM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote