View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #190
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarpop View Post
Preventative medicine will help lower costs
... and therefore, the doctors income - no real incentive for them in that regard.
Quote:
Another thing that is a major problem is the cost of care in the last few months of life. We need to find a way to reduce those costs.
Just kill them sooner?
Quote:
I'm afraid this won't get done because Obama is cowtowing to the very same people who have held up health care reform for the past century.
BS
Quote:
republicans and the AMA and insurance companies... In my opinion they shouldn't get to have any input.
Hmmm, really?
Quote:
They can always deny your claim. Which they do a lot more often that most people realize.
What makes you think that won't happen even more if/with Gov't oversight?
Quote:
Personally, I think we should base our system on France's system. France has the best system in the world, while we are number 37.
yeh - France -
Quote:
by the time they finish, who knows what it will look like. I'm with Bill Maher on this. It's all well and good that Obama wants to be inclusive and reach across the aisle, but maybe he should be a little more like Bush in order to get certain things done. Like health care. Like energy.
Well if we don't know what it'll look like nor who it will cover nor IF it will cover everyone or just some or IF it will save money .... what exactly are we for?

I must say it was nice to hear in Obama say in his speech yesterday that if you are happy with your plan, or your doctor or your company ....you may keep them. Thats great, but at what cost? I just cannot see how this is not going to cost more than it already does and that means that I, as a productive employed citizen will be paying more. How much more is a major issue to me.