View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 10:23 AM   #4
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
Whatever you do, be sure to check out Sears Outlet
Worry big time. Sear parts can be extremely difficult to get. And are, by far, often the most expensive parts.

I tried to get a metal skid for a Craftsman snow blower in Mar. After sending the wrong part, then gave me a gift card instead of the right part. Then the gift card would not work - on internet or in their order center (by phone). Then they tried to get the gift card fixed. Six weeks later, they could not make it work. So they sent another gift card (could not send me the part until I had a good gift card). And that gift card did not work.

Then so they sent another gift card. But a month later, I still did not have the card. They move the entire operation from southern Alabama to a new location (apparently to cut costs). But nothing in the new location knew how anything worked. So I had to wait for the operation to move before they sent me another gift card.

Then I order the part by voice. But the gift card would not work. So they told me to order it via the internet. Turns out the internet site has no place to enter the gift card number. So I called back. The guy entered the gift card number. It would not work. But he kept entering it. Suddenly it worked.

Meanwhile what started as a $12 ended up costing me $20. I did not argue - for obvious reasons.

A skid originally ordered in March was finally delivered in November.

Did same with a motor for the rotating tray in a microwave oven. Eventually found the same motor of less then half the price on Amazon. Sears prices have also increased. Because the purpose of that company is profits - not the customer or providing products.

The only part of Sears making a profit are Sears Outlet stores. So they split that off as a separate Sears entity - another money game by spread sheet experts.

Avoid Sears if possible. I expect all stores to close by the end of this year.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote