View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 12:16 PM   #30
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Wait a second, so you have advanced so far in the legal job that you boss is taking vacations and leaving you alone? If that's the case, it's freaking OUTSTANDING. Do you know what a big deal it is to find somebody so good that you can take off work and leave them to cover for you?
Yes-sirreee-bob! I was all by my lonesome. I started at the end of January, so I guess it is a bit of a compliment to me. But boy oh boy it was HARD. They didn't want to pay me for full-time that week because, well, budgets and all, but I worked 6 1/2 hours more than usual and I will get to use that as a comp day sometime. They're really flexible about hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Some bosses recognize quality faster/are unintimidated by quality than others...

She apparently has one. Hopefully she has two.

wtg IM.
Yes, Legal Girl is a wonderful person, and so are the 4 lawyers in the office. Just really great people.

I'm not sure about the depot. I like the job, but like any job like that there sure are some, um...different sorts of folks! I've already had some laughs with some of my cow orkers though, and I think it's going to be good even with the scattered weirdos. My supervisor is pretty cool, and the dude who hired me is really cool. I think I'll like it even more when I'm on my normal schedule and it's just our crew getting the work done.

I finally finished all the computer training last night at 8:45. Now I have the weekend off. I went home and drank a bottle of wine and finished the fourth season of Six Feet Under (for the third time) and slept until 11:30 am! I'm at the library catching up on da intrawebz and then going to my nieces' softball games. I had the lid down on my car and I'm feeling so happy right now I could SCREAMMMMMM!

Gosh it feels good to be working again.

So thanks all of you...it makes me happy that you're happy for me.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. The weirdest thing: I get an email out of nowhere from the lady I talked to at the trucking company where I was applying to work a third shift data entry job. It was realllllly good money, but they wanted me to be Pope and I'm not the Pope and I aced the assessments and all that but it just fell through. She was like "hi, I know it's been a while but are you still interested in the job...blah blah blah?" THEN, last night she called me and left a message! WTF? Yeah, no, really, but thanks for thinking of me after ALL THIS TIME! I sure do want to leave a job I love that's nearby for a job that's far away, graveyard shift, and with a bunch of union folks who wait months to be like "hey, do you want to work with us pretty please?"

Oh, and one more thing. I did get a raise at the legal job. They didn't have to give me one, they divvy up the allotment basically, so I was really pleased. And it was retro back to when I started. Wow! I feel so lucky!
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote