View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 07:27 AM   #1473
Snakeadelic
Banned

BigV, it's an epidemic.

What's pissing me off today is JFC, why do I always wake up with the symptoms of an abscessed tooth on Fridays???

My dentist isn't in on Fridays. Neither is my MD. We're currently in the middle of a transportation crisis (hopefully they fixed the truck transmission...and maybe we get it back by Monday...) and the case manager who might be able to help me score a ride to the dentist for an emergency exam and maybe better antibiotics...out of office on Fridays. Local "bus" requires an appointment time, 24 hours' notice (weekends NOT included), and probably won't take me that far north--they've already refused to take me to appointments in a town halfway between me and my dentist.

If I MUST have another (soooooo many unladylike words here) dental abscess less than 6 months after that butcher in Missoula ripped out a root canal I'm not even done paying for because it was abscessed, next time maybe can it wait for a Monday morning???

Oh, and the root canal was in a lower canine, which turns out to have been a keystone tooth keeping my bite reasonably level. With it gone, I have 0 chewing surfaces on the left, my jaw is tilting, and holy hell does TMJ ever hate that! My face hurts and the ringing in my ears is so bad I had to swipe my neighbor's noise-canceling headphones because I can't hear well enough using ordinary headphones on my computer speaker any more.

All of that crap is on the hands of one ER doc who yelled at me for asking nicely for help and booted me without even considering antibiotics, which ended up leaving me with an untreated abscess for a full 7 days, since I woke up on Black Friday with that dental nightmare.

This new one's just being a brat because it can, I guess. It's not even next to the now-absent canine--it's on the top.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote