View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 01:53 PM   #182
Tree Fae
Major Inhabitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
Tree Fae - great pics! Are you using a colour-enhance function on your camera? That butterfly (and the flowers near it) are soooo vivid! Is that natural?
I use a photoshop program to enhance some of the colors, but I do it by hand and not the auto program. The butterfly though is a straight shot. The ocean mostly has the light evened out as it was a very bright day. Elspode showed me a few tips on the color enhancements, but I have branched out with shots like the Faery one.

I particularly am fond of Georgia O'Keefe's work and love to focus on the close up of the flowers. If I can get a printer to work I plan on a photo series with the water lilies and the plastic looking flowers. I have ideas in my head of incoorperating paper making and batik work with the photos, but still haven't spent the time yet making it happen.

Right now dealing with my ex husband to be/yet still partner is consuming every ounce of creative energy I have outside the photography. Thank the Goddess for Elspode who is my link to sanity, peace and love with out drama. Sooo looking forward to this weekend, will get some more great pictures I hope (if someone remembers to put my memory card back in my camera lol)