Thread: Joisey Bound
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 11:52 AM   #6
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Midway, Pennsylvania
BTW, Ralph did a tremendous lamb roast. As do his sons today. People who know western PA know why Midway is a major center for western PA.

Hamburg is well known for a massive and famous hunting, fishing, camping store known as Cabelas. Located on 61 and I-78.

Also just north is the Reading, Blue Mountain, and Northern rail station and yard. He did a superb job of restoring Port Clinton's station and many classic rail stock. He bought rail spurs as hobby. Became a major transporter of coal. But is making a fortune because his lines now service from the Wilkes Barre region to Reading - a preferred route from Canada to east coast ports by Canadian railroads. I only took notice because his rail infrastructure was so well maintained. Then discovered his other assets including a classic railroad station and scenic tours through the Leigh Gorge. It is how a railroad should operate.

Also in Hamburg is the Reading Railroad Heritage Museum. Its last opening for the season is Saturday and Sunday (Jan 14 & 15).

Don't know of any Midway in those townships. Also cannot recommend any 'best' places to eat. Just off I-81 (on the old US 22) is an Old Country Buffet. Not many left any more. Good food for a good price.

Meanwhile, you missing Ralph's lamb roast in Midway. Good time had by all. xoxoxoBruce was not invited.

Last edited by tw; 01-10-2017 at 12:04 PM.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote