View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 12:09 AM   #307
W.HI.P
Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D.DIAMOND View Post
W.HI.P what "IF" the Packers actually do win the Super Bowl....what would be your explanation then?
If I make a profit on my long term bets, i won't really care who wins the Superbowl.
Winning the Superbowl with one of my picks would be a dream world for me, but I don't really need that to happen the way that I bet.
In fact, I would make more money, if two of my teams make it to the AFC or NFC Finals, then if 1 of my teams simply won the superbowl.
Unless of course its the Houston Texans, where, as i said before, I made an error when wagering on them, and i bet too much.

The guys that run the show, haven't really been generous.
I highly doubt they plan on taking billions of dollars out of their own pockets and throwing it to the masses.

I'll play your game though, Should the Packers make the Superbowl, They could make a lot of money off the game itself, simply by the Packers winning under the spread, however that would still consist of them dishing out some serious cash on the long term bets already placed on the Packers by the masses.
So, yeah, it's highly unlikely that the Packers win the Superbowl, but if by some unexpected moment of generosity, they decide to pay up on the long term bets, well, they will certainly not be generous on the money wagered on them in the spread.
So, If it comes to pass that the Packers win the Superbowl, it will be under the spread.
So yeah, bet against the Packers.
There is no scenario where one would bet on the Packers beating a spread in a Superbowl game