View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 06:19 PM   #128
rkzenrage

No really, I am very patient and it drives people nuts. I don't drive any longer, but it was most evident then. Insurance tests show that drivers that speed don't arrive any faster than those that do the speed limit (they just tear-up their cars quicker, get into more accidents, and get to the next red light/stop sign before you do so you can waive at them when you get there). On a 70 mile trip on the interstate, speeding ten over gets you there five to seven min. earlier... just not worth it. Getting a ticket takes longer than that.
I do the speed limit, let drivers in, let people pass me, get out of the way from the fast lane when others pull-up behind me, don't park illegally, etc. Never had a ticket of any kind.
It drove my father INSANE. When I asked him why he acted like he did not hear me.
Even with my day-to-day I am very patient, waiting in lines, for food or other service, anything really.
Stuff is going to happen or come when it happens or comes. Getting weird about it will not change anything... makes no sense to me.
What makes less sense is getting weird about me being calm about it.