View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #7613
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

SonofV asked me today, "Dad, what is this k-o-n-y thing?" He spelled it to me. I had no idea, and said so. He said it's everywhere. Oops, guess I live in a hole.

fast forward to this evening

My girlfriend, who I love very much, asked me "Have you heard of this Kony 2012 thing?". No, there's this hole and all... wtf? I told her about SonofV's similar query. She said it was the buzz the minute she walked in the door at work. Ok, ok, please help me here. Turns out there's a video.

KONY 2012 is a film and campaign by Invisible Children that aims to make Joseph Kony famous, not to celebrate him, but to raise support for his arrest and set a precedent for international justice.

I'm not even done with the video and I have to post this. I'm not a chicken little kind of guy, but this is a great piece of film-making, please do watch it. It's thirty minutes and so far, totally worth it.

For those of you who need more text with your teasers, here you go:
Quote:
Grisly killings, abductions, and rapes allegedly committed by the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) in central Africa have garnered international attention following the release of a video highlighting abuses committed by the group and its leader, Joseph Kony.

The half-hour film (above) produced by Invisible Children follows a former child soldier named Jacob. The film issues a call for action, reportedly aiming to raise awareness by making Joseph Kony a household name.