View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 04:42 PM   #5023
Molasar
Part-time superhero (off shift right now, leave a message)

Location: Her Majesty's United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
it was time for the moles to go on the great sugar migration.

all the moles got in line astern with Daddy Mole, the strongest, right at the front where the hard tunnelling had to be done.
all the rest of the tribe lined up after Daddy with Baby Mole bringing up the rear.
Daddy Mole warned them that the journey would be long and hard stop sniggering at all the knob gags you just thought of and that when they could smell sugar they would know they were close to journey's end.

They set off, nose to tail, strongest to weakest, carrying all their possessions.
After about half an hour Baby Mole got really excited and, shouting "I can smell sugar, I can smell sugar" he rushed past all the other moles to tell his dad, knocking them flying and scattering their stuff everywhere.
Daddy Mole told him "no son, that ain't sugar, not yet, now back to your place in the line".
So Baby Mole crept back past the rest of the tribe who were picking up all their stuff and getting ready to move on again.

half an hour later the same thing happened, then a thurd time again another half an hour after that.p

This time Daddy Mole said very sternly "you've GOT to stop doing this, it ain't sugar until I tell you, now DON'T do it again!!"

Baby Mole shamefaced went back to his place and they started off again.

After an hour Baby Mole could smell sugar, but after the bollocking he'd had the previous time, he waited until his Daddy announced it.
but the announcement never came and they were still tunnelling away real hard.

eventually the smell of sugar was driving Baby Mole nuts so he decided he just had to go to Daddy Mole to tell him.

again he sent all the tribe of moles flying until he reached Daddy Mole saying excitedly "I really can smell sugar this time Daddy, this time i really really can smell sugar, honest"

Daddy looked down at Baby Mole and said
"Son, it still ain't sugar
and you got to learn to
smell the difference between sugar and molasses
Molasar is offline   Reply With Quote