View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 05:14 PM   #71
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
Jinx, I would recommend going to a running store to find a good shoe for you. NOT a Foot Locker or Eby's or somesuch, but a store made for runners, ran by runners, that only sell shoes that are worth a damn. Running Wild is the name of my favorite in this area code.

I started shopping there after a trip to a podiatrist to relieve an infected toe caused by running in shoes that it turns out were too big. I have never had shoe issues since I started buying from them over 6 years ago...no blisters, nothing. The brand of shoe isn't as critical as the proper size and fit. I can't stress this enough.

I have run in and loved: New Balance, Saucony, and Asics. All pairs have been $90 ea. No more, no less.

Take your current shoes in, tell them what you like/don't about them and they should be able to help you.

I know when my knees start to 'bug' me that it's time for new shoes. This is usually after running around 350 miles in a pair, no matter the brand. I buy new shoes, and poof, knees feel great again.
We have a local store that video taped my running style and gait up close at the ground level and then told me what would be the best for me. They also measured the amount of pronation.