View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 09:02 PM   #11715
monster
I hear them call the tide

Goalie Boy got an award at school tonight. The award, in fact. The show-closing Soaring Eagle principal's award. (They are the Eagles)

I will post pics in the proud parent thread some time, but I'm too impatient.

I had previously promised him he didn't have to go to the stupid pre-graduation "pinning ceremony", but they emailed us and said he was getting one of the ten "big" awards, so please attend. There were 8 "core values" awards (two representing each of the schools fur buzzwords), and he wasn't called up... and then one named for the first (disgraced imo) principal, and he wasn't called up.... and then the principal's award. Braggety-brag-brag-brag.

I was sure it would be the Sulura Jackson award (a principal who moved away and was later found to be a plagiarist, and topped that achievement off by sending a condolence letter to a staff member at her new school which still had our school's name in it....) because there always seems to be a fly in the beestmonster ointment.... but it wasn't!

And the principal raved about him and said all the things I think...and and and.....

.....This has been the worst ten days in our family's recent memory, I will probably never share details. Trust me, it's been grim.

So THIS really helps