View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 08:26 AM   #372
captainhook455
Rapscallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Tracks of the Jersey Devil.
I used to work the night shift and saw many odd animals run over on the way home. A lady who fed any cat who was hungry and so had a collection of kittens at any given time. Many fine people would stop and pick a kitten for their child or spouse.

My old cat Bigfoot was getting seedy so I stopped by for 2 kittens and it worked because he started eating again and looked good. I picked an orange one that looked like it never ate and a gray one that it's left eye was clawed by a cat and stuck out from infection. Yup I have always been a sucker for a poor animal.

Upon leaving her house was a mountain lion run over. I went back and got her and we walked down to look at it. This is before phones had cameras. She called the paper for them to come and look at it, but somebody picked the cat up and was gone. The lady said her kittens were disappearing. Now we knew where they were going.

The government says in the paper frequently that there are no big cats here. I beg to differ.

When Hugo hit Charleston in 89 all the cats escaped when trees fell on the fences. Leopards, Panthers, Lions, Tigers, Cougars. Where did they go?
captainhook455 is offline   Reply With Quote