Thread: Cleaning House
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 03:48 PM   #1
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Cleaning House

Every fortnight or so (and by 'fortnight' I mean two years) I go around and clean things that I don't usually think of cleaning every week, like, oh, baseboards and window ledges, blinds, walls, the basement...etc. I did this today and I wonder: how have I managed to elude anthrax, SARS and the plague when I have such a dirty house?

I like to think I keep a relatively clean house, but, holy-joe! Owning three cats was definitely a mistake and the kids cannot be helped. BUT! How does all this crud get here? I always wonder--am I a slob? 'Coz my house never looks like The O.C. OR like I have ever, ever, ever had a maid. Because I haven't. Had a maid. Ever. This seems like a miscarriage of justice to me. I really could use a good maid.

So--really, how clean is your house? Is your grout clean? Are your outside gutters clean? Is your laundry room clean? Are the tops of your washer and dryer lint-free? If they are--I really hate you.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote