View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 02:05 PM   #240
monster
I hear them call the tide

One year on, first meet tonight. She is not swimming either of "her" events (breaststroke and IM). She asked for some fly and free this year so she got those instead (50 free) and breast on the medley relay. Presumably not the A relay, but we'll see.

She's already been told she's moved up to the A breaststroke relay for the crazy relays meet next week. Coach said "and the pressure is on Hebe this year as she moves up to the A relay and we have never lost this event!" Don't mince your words, will you, coach?

It's an away meet and Banana Lady is here to see grandaughter swim at this level for the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
She placed in her first meet! 5th in the 200 IM -top 5 score.

Swimmer Girl was in the slow heat for both her individuals, but won both easily (as I knew she would because even though there were no seed times, i know who she is faster than......#crazyswimmom). I guess you don't put untried freshmen in the fast heats. After she placed, she got moved up from the C to the B 200 free relay, and they came in 3rd, also scoring points.

WTG Hebe. She was so pumped when we got her home, never seen her this "high" before. Had to force her to bed because it's freshman orientation tomorrow. early.