View Single Post
Old 08-16-2001, 08:50 PM   #16
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I wouldn't say that Israelis don't have to be there, for they consider it their homeland. Unfortunately, they're not the only ones who consider it home--look at the conquerors of Palestine over the years. I think it's reasonable to deduce that a lot of gentiles were originally born and grew up in Palestine over the hundreds and thousands of years.

100 years ago, there were few settled countries in that region--it was mostly occupied by the Turks. Now, the Middle East and North Africa are composed of many countries that were occupied by European colonial powers after WW1--and if I'm not mistaken, the people that live in these countries are considered Arab, with a few exceptions. What sets Moroccans apart from, say, Qatarians? I'm sure that while they are all Arabs, they have something that gives them a national identity.

There's no doubt that the Jewish people have suffered horrible atrocities at the hands of others throughout history. But given what has happened to them, certainly they can understand the anger and rage of the Palestinians, can't they?
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote