View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #15
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
I'd bet both of my balls that any business located near a "gun store" would be a pretty safe business. Gun stores, and the stores near them are hardly ever the target of criminals.

Which has more crime taking place, Wal-mart, Dollar General Store (where I have to ask to be handed my soap from behind a locked cabinet, by a manager, when I'm ready to check out, because it's one of the most stolen items in the store) or your local gun store?
define "more crime"

Barclay's Bank just paid a $450 million dollar settlement for gaming the system that sets interest rates for the whole world.

the speed limit on the street (an arterial) fifty feet from my house is 30 mph. I can guarantee 20 crimes in 15 minutes, depending on the time of day.

now I don't shop at wal-mart mostly on general principles but also because they're not around here. I am pretty cool with dollar general (I am a cheap bastard) but I don't know where the closest one of those is either. And I can count the number of times I've been in a gun shop on one hand. I just don't have enough experience to give a confident answer to your question.

But I bet you're imagining that a store full of guns is less likely to suffer an armed robbery (or shoplifting for that matter) than a general merchandise discount store. I'd buy that.

what's your point?