View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 04:13 PM   #1070
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
And he was making the point that some weapons are more useful than others.

Does a bayonet have its uses? Yes. Of course. But it's been what, two weeks since the debate? And I still haven seen the forces opposed to Obama come up with one single picture of a bayonet being used in combat today. You posted a parade picture and a training picture. That's all you will find.

Do a Google image search of "combat marines" and in the first ten pages of pictures you won't see a single bayonet in use. I found one bayonet affixed to a rifle in combat, but it was carried by a British soldier, not an American.
The first image I pulled up was this.US soldiers with bayonet-fixed rifles guard the entrance to the former Presidential Palace which now houses the US Administration office in Baghdad, Iraq (news - web sites) as protesters (unseen) gather Saturday July 5, 2003 demanding the release of former Parliament Speaker Dr. Saadon Hamadi, who was arrested by the US forces June 25.
Attached Images