View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #45
maineiac04631
Trolls hate me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Zicato View Post
A recent study seems to show that marijuana induces remission in Crohn's disease. Not just alleviation of pain, but a significant reduction in symptoms.

I never did drugs as a youngster - I never saw the need as I am satisfied with reality. But anything that reduces the affect of this disease will probably help me live a bit longer.

I'll wait for other studies before jumping on the bandwagon. But I have a question for you all. The study says that they smoked twice a day for eight weeks. What affect, if any, is that likely to have on my cognition, ambition, etc.?
I discovered this "cure" by accident in 1989, totally changed my life, no pain or fatigue and I was able to live a normal life since. After almost 25 years of smoking I have only missed a few days of work, going several years with sick time left over. I don't feel "dumb" or "lazy" but that could be because I never smoked more than I absolutely needed to. Marijuana for me had been less harmful than the drugs I got from big pharma, mainly opiates and steroids.