Thread: Random Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 03:44 PM   #148
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Oh Jesus fucking christ, I am so sick of this bastard thesis. I can't believe how much work I have done. I can't believe how much is still to do.

It's just all too much. I've turned into a hermit - I don't talk to anybody (except Ma). I don't answer the phone in case it's debt collectors - I can't spare the time or mental energy to sort out payment plans or anything. (I haven't done a telesales shift for two and half weeks - so payday at the start of Jan will be about £40 lol ) none of that matters. All that matters is the thesis. I don't go anywhere, except walking the dog. I go to sleep with the thesis in my head, I get up with it still there.

I make myself spend at least an hour in the evening just watching tv, and I usually read for half an hour before I sleep. That and the bits of time I spend posting here is the only time I am not thinking about the thesis.

I want to cry when I think about how much work there still is to do over the next 2 weeks (xmas day excepted). And I want to shout at how close I am to the end.

It currently stands at a little over 65k words and 149 pages. I've probably got another 10k words to add to bring it all together - and a fuckton of reference checking and formatting.

Last edited by DanaC; 12-19-2014 at 03:56 PM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote