View Single Post
Old 03-03-2005, 05:24 PM   #39
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrodinger's Cat
Actually, no. Individual members of the Jewish faith may make whatever mental accomodations they feel they need to in order to reconcile a belief in a personal god along with the Holocaust.

I, however, do not. Any hypothetical supreme being is more than welcome to drop by the lab for a cup of bad coffee and a long talk in which he explains himself (or attempts to). Until such time, he'll get no belief from me.
Why do bad things happen?

This includes the Holocaust, Tsunamis, cancer, murder, accidents, birth defects, etc etc etc.

I could get all long winded about sin and free will and choice and all that stuff, but the bottom line is this:

Bad things happen because we live in a fallen world. We had our shot at paradise and Adam and Even blew it for everyone.

God "allows" bad things to happen because it is the consequence of original sin, which was disobeying him in the first place. "If you touch that, you will be burned. See? Told you."

Some people believe that the scriptures say that the "tribulation" is going to make the Holocaust look like a walk in the park.

I'm sorry you're mad at God. That doesn't make him less real.

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote