Thread: crushes
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2005, 06:03 PM   #15
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Some years ago during what I kindly label my "dumbass years" (read: "teenage years") I developed a crush on a bouncy, active, cute redhead who had a wonderful, explore-all attitude about the world. We started hanging out after I met her and I couldn't get my mind away from thoughts of love whenever she was around. Repeated visits turned into long, late-night discussions about life and philosophical topics under the stars. Her interests in these things absolutely captured me -- I finally found a girl who was a dreamer and her carefree life stole my heart. The relationship always bordered on something more than just friends, but officially it never turned into the dating game.

Some months into this, she grew frustrated with me and cut off communication unexpectedly; my devastation only saw light after one solid month of silence and unreturned phone calls. Why had she cut her ties with me?

"You're not in love with God."

Umm... what?

"To be in love with me you must be in love with God."

Her conversation with me was cold, emotionless, and downright hostile. I never thought she was that much into religion. In fact, none of our previous conversations even hinted at it! Her full explanation revealed all, though, and I found out that she had simply strung me along in order to try to get me to attend her church and convert. At that point, her conversations with me about philosophy suddenly had much more meaning -- she was finding out which side of the fence I was on and through this she found a heathen she wanted to save to get points with the big man in the sky and did everything she could in order to send me down the right path. That was her goal, nothing more, and once she found out I was "too far gone", even friendship wasn't permissable.

Bitch.

Last edited by Kitsune; 01-15-2005 at 06:06 PM.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote