View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #1
it
Banned

diving back in...

hesitant...

a little over a year ago i joined dating websites (shortly after separating from my ex-wife), i wasn't at all ready to do anything about them.
1. my first excuse was that i had no time - i was working and studying full time with no time to sleep, and i didn't do either as well as i should.
- i ended up focusing entirely on studies and giving up my work, giving up the sense of independence and my apt so i can actually accomplish my goals.
2. my second excuse was that i didn't update my location & financial situation, and that they where dating based on info which are no longer relevant.
- apparently i actually did update it and forgot about it completely sometime in the last year, and continued to get messages since.
3. my third excuse was that i didn't have a paid subscription and couldn't answer...
- last night i took out my credit card and fixed that. i was frozen in place for a few hours before saying "fuck it" and proceeding.

now, the most recent message i got was from a nice looking non religious girl in ako (which is IMO one of the most beautiful cities in the country)...

"hey, i'd love to get to know" (roughly translated)

and i am in a bit of an analysis-paralysis about how to proceed so that there's a conversation going. in which we actually get to know each other... her profile doesn't have anything that provides a starting point...
it is offline   Reply With Quote