Thread: Hall of Fame
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 03:21 PM   #176
Flint
Snowflake

"Every Day is Christian's Day."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
There's a cloyingly sweet little tale that's almost universal... in response to a child asking, if there's Mother's Day and Father's Day, why isn't there a Children's Day? And the parent replies, Every day is Children's Day.

Well I'm here to tell you: Every Day is Christian's Day.

You may not have been aware of this.

Y'see, when Linus goes into the speech about the Real Meaning of Christmas, non-Christians don't say anything.

When someone at a dinner says first let us bow our heads and say grace, almost all of us politely bow our heads and pretend to pray. We may even say Amen.

For two years, I worked for an employer that put "Reverence for God and all His Works" into their Official Company List of Values. I just shut up, did a good job and collected my paycheck.

So now you find the name of this thing to be a little in-your-face? How DARE people actively proclaim that they don't agree with you!

Well you poor thing! How hard it must be for you! Let me call you the WAAAAAHBULANCE!!!

Nothing irks me more than a Christian claiming to be "persecuted" for their values. This translates to: they've had their way for so long they'll throw a temper tantrum when one little thing doesn't go their way, IE they don't automatically get the special treatment they think they deserve. Not that they think they're "better" than other people or anything. ... And I must have an agenda if I dare to criticize them, yeah right. Wwwaaaaaahhh!
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio

Last edited by Flint; 03-12-2007 at 03:29 PM.
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote