Thread: College
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 08:50 AM   #2
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Smith and Bryn Mawr are incredibly bad choices. Well, depending on what you had in mind. They're women's colleges.

Edit. I don't know what people are thinking, trying to go to one of the "highest ranked" places. Your rankings are going to be different from theirs. I started out trying to go to the most competitive places but wound up in a slightly smaller, slightly less competitive place... and it fit me like a glove, because what I really wanted to do was try a little of everything, which was very possible at a tiny college. Otherwise, I wouldn't have become the manager of the radio station, worked on the literary magazine, did layout work for the newspaper... as a Comp Sci major. At a bigger school that stuff would be reserved for Communications/Lit/English majors. It was perfect for me to be at a small place where everybody got to know me... at a big school I would have gotten lost. On this list, St Mary's would be the closest to that experience, but there are about a hundred St Mary's sprinkled throughout the Northeast. You can't throw a rock around here and not hit a quaint little liberal arts college. And they are getting to be more of a bargain than they used to because everybody wants to go to a massive university for some reason.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote