View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 04:52 PM   #2
W.HI.P
Free

Quote:
philadelphia phillies
this team is in serious contention.
only injury could hold them back.
the trio of utley, howard and rollins in the infield is truly amazing.
to top that, they hold hamels, halladay and happ, who clearly make up the greatest first 3 starters in the majors.
huge weakness remains the non-existant bullpen.

new york mets
this team has failed in recent years, despite the amazing team they've held.
last year can be blamed on injury.
this year see's the team a tad weaker as far as names go, but with health, they may just string along in this division enough to possibly compete.

atlanta braves
the line-up is looking kinda weak here, but the starting pitching makes up for it.
i hold much respect for this braves pitching staff.
i'm interested to see what wagner and saito have left..... they will determine the strength of this bullpen.

florida marlins
boy do i like this line-up....this team will put up some serious runs this year.
i also kinda like the bullpen, despite its lack of huge names.
what ruins this teams chances this season is the starting pitching.
this team cannot be in a pennant race with these guys starting for them.

washington nationals
i'd love to say something positive about this team, but there's not much there to speak about.
The main reason for making this particular thread is this division here, in which i've completely changed my mind having watched the teams so far this season.
Its in regards to the Atlanta Braves
I've already given the credit to the pitching, my remark was in regards to their weak bats...umm, yeah, they're bats are not so weak after all.
In fact, they are outstanding.
Regardless if chipper jones plays this whole season or not, McCann is one of the 3 best catchers in the game.
Main course for this season though is Jason Heyward.
I've watched a lot of bats in my life....this is the greatest potential i have ever seen.
The swing this young man has me baffled.
quote me on this please ......
Jason Heyward , in time, will be a greater bat than Albert Pujols
Jurrjens is arguably one of the 5 best starting pitchers in the game.
Wagner so far has looked pretty good out there so far, can you imagine how elite this bullpen would be if saito finds his form of 2 years ago.
The Atlanta Braves can be considered a candidate for the world series

Quote:
nl central

st.louis cardinals
chris carpenter and albert pujols on the same team.
arguably the greatest starting pitcher in the game alongside arguably the greatest bat in the game.
strengh of this team is its pitching, both the starters, but even more so the bullpen.
huge weakness, despite the 3-4 double wammy of pujols and holliday, the line-up completely sucks.

cincinnati reds
the problem with me, is i see to far into the future.
when i see the right moves being made, i point them out, however that usually translates into reality 1-2 years later.
now the reds hold some serious pieces...joey votto, brandon phillips and jay bruce to add to the speedsters in the outfield.
they've got cordero closing, with masset and rhodes setting him up...thats one serious bullpen.
the starters are just gonna get better each year that passes.
volquez, cueto and bailey can seriously throw, while arroyo and harang have proven they can win.
this is well run team, that will end up competing for this division

houston astros
if oswalt can prove to be a worthy number 1 for the astros, than this line-up can win some games.
if this team is around come trading time, this team has been known to make a big move.
it won't take much for a team like this to go over the top in this division.

chicago cubs
i have a lot of questions regarding the condition and health of this line-up.
to add on to that, the pitching staff also seems kinda weak..i'm not crazy for the bulllpen either.
in the end, to be honest, i'd be suprised if this team was still around at the end of the season.

pittsburgh pirates
i like what they're doing with this team...slowly but surely, its just a matter of time.
this team will crawl out of the gutter before long

milwakee brewers
other than the huge 3/4 fielder/braun, this is a very very weak line-up.
who could possibly expect this team to compete with this kind of rotation.
i like the bullpen, but its not gonna work ....you gotta rebuild here...trade one of the big guys in exchange for the future..its the only way to do it.
Having watched, my opinion in this division has not shifted much, other than a little flash from the pirates who look to be moving along well in thier rebuilding...if i was in charge though, i'd draft again this season regardless if the capabilities opf the team is greater.

Quote:
nl west

la dodgers
this is a good team all around ......amazing bullpen, seriously, just out of this world.
a little bit of a weakness with the starters, not that their numbers will show it in this kinda ball park, but still.

colorado rockies
another well rounded team, with a little bit of everything.
betancourt for the eighth and street for the ninth, make this bullpen seem as solid as oak.
i like their starters, jimenez, cook, francis, hammel and the hard throwing de la rosa.
they've even got a few bats.
i would not be suprised in the least if this team won this division

san fransisco giants
lincecum and cain easily make up the best 1-2 in baseball.
the one thing thats holding this team back is its line-up, which is without doubt, the weakest in the game

arizona cardinals
these bats are weaker than their numbers show, and this rotation is much stronger than the number show.
they'll need to find some form early on to keep up with the dodgers and the rockies...in the end, i don't think they'll be there.

san diego padres
the padres are still in the building stages....don't judge, adrian gonzalez will most likely not stay here, so as you can understand, the draft would be the main focus for this team
The Giants are catching my eye a little....they'd always have to be considered a danger with that kind of rotation.
If their bats can put up a few runs, they're gonna be winnning a lot more games than they lose.