View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 09:42 PM   #232
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post

I honestly don't see what the mystery is about making tea - the cheapest greasy spoon cafe can do it? Then again the cheapest greasy spoon usually makes fantastic soft yolk fried eggs, a skill I've never mastered.
The trick that works for me is to get the griddle/pan REALLY hot before I put the egg in. I usually cook 'em in butter, not good for you, but oil pops too much and just doesn't taste right. I poke holes in the white stuff so it spreads out thin gets cooked all the with out the yolk having to cook any longer. Turning it is hard to describe, my mom can flip it with the pan, but I have to use a spatula, I'm not as daring. When I flip I just make sure to get the spatula mostly under the yolk (choosing the 'right' spatula is important" and then I barely lift the egg just enough to get the white part turned, then I pick up the pan and tilt it at an angle so that I can lay the yolk part down gently. Only let it cook a few more seconds, maybe poking the white part again, and then slide the egg gently onto a plate!
Maybe I should make you a video of it...