Thread: Bikes!
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 11:59 AM   #221
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Yes, it is quite cold. It took me ten minutes to clear the frost from MrsV's windshield this morning. But it is not winter, it is still the luxurious fall, remember? And frankly, I believe there is no such things as too cold, too wet, too dark, too rainy, etc, only inadequate preparation.

If you enjoy being active outdoors, and I do, and you live in this region, and I do, you have to choose an attitude like mine or brush up on your scrabble game, web surfing or couch potato skillz. The window of opportunity to play outside in unflawed weather conditions is extremely narrow. And there's fun to be had in all seasons.

But you're right. 'scold outside! SonofV remarked with surprise that his tires were covered with snow! (frost) as we pulled out this morning on the way to school. There never was any mention of not riding and pleading with me to take him in the car. Indeed, the playground was closed to the children where they normally play kickball, basketball, foursquare, tag, tetherball, etc, etc, because the pavement was iced over. It was treacherous to walk on. We even took the scenic route to school, maybe 50% longer just for the ride. It was great.

Here's a pic I snapped from my front door after I read your posts. No snow but white roofs, hoods, windows, bushes and so on. It'll burn off, but it's pretty (and slick) now.
Attached Images