View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 02:08 PM   #34
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
In this case, there are no physiological changes, and no irreversible changes of any kind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luce View Post
Interesting. Honest question: Do we know there are no side effects of delaying puberty?

And gymnasts really do that?
There are side effects, but they need to be weighed against the effects of the other choices. The medication is fairly safe, and has been in use to prevent early puberty for quite a while, but using it for this purpose is recent.

Gymnasts (mostly; I imagine every type of doping has been done at some point) don't take drugs to delay puberty, but their intense food and exercise regimen delays it*,
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Isn't blocking hormones before 18 actually making a choice but not taking the responsibility for it?
Yes it's a choice, but how is it not taking responsibility?

Doing nothing is also a choice, but I would think that people would be far more likely to try to avoid responsibility for something by claiming that they just let nature take its course than would people who went on a specific medical regimen.
|_______________| [pics]

Last edited by Happy Monkey; 11-11-2019 at 02:11 PM. Reason: * "intense food and exercise regimen delays it" - maybe
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote