View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 11:39 AM   #12
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
It's fortunate for sweetie, her/his owner did a halfassed job of burying him/her. No shroud, not deep and not tamped down to prevent some animal from digging up the body.
No kidding. I had a male chow that I found dead in the yard, next to a dead snake. They took each other out! I felt some comfort in the fact that he died protecting his territory (chows were bred as imperial guard dogs). I wrapped my dog in white sheets and placed him inside an approx. 18" by 18" by 36" trunk.

With the help of a good friend, I dug a hole deep enough to get that trunk deep enough underground to prevent attracting the interest of other animals. This was made more difficult by the fact that about a foot down, the ground became solid clay which had to be hacked apart and picked out in chunks.

At the conclusion of this hard labor, I looked at the hole we had dug and I realized this could have been done with one scoop of a back-hoe. Things like this make you realize the incredible labor-saving advances technology has provided for us.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote